Rejoov Whitehaven Beach / Hamilton Island getaway
Dates: Thur June 20 - Mon June 24 (4nights)
Accommodation: Mantra Boathouse Apartments Airlie Beach
5 x 2 bedders and 5 x 3 bedders - simply let Greta & Chris know which ones you and your friends or family would like to stay in then we’ll book it all.
Book your own flights: Jetstar fly direct to Whitsunday Coast (Proserpine) and are currently under $300 return to Sydney for these dates.
Event: Whitehaven beach running festival - Sunday 23rd June (one not to be missed along with the race after party on Hamilton Island!!) Race entry $100 includes ferry fee over to Hamilton island - enter asap as it sells out!! Andy Reid & Dean Degan emcees.
Fitness & Fun focus:
- swim sessions
- run sessions
- park run
- run/swim training
- core stability and stretching
- strength building for runners
- trivia, happy hour, group dinners / BBQs etc
- informative Q&A sessions, coaching advice. Attendees can walk away with a starter tailored program to build towards their next big event from either Greta or Chris.
- prize giveaways throughout the weekend
- kid friendly
We will kick things off Thursday lunchtime and from there you can join in absolutely everything we have on offer or pick and choose. There will be time built in for that much needed R & R.
Sunday morning will see us catch a ferry to Hamilton Island and then onto Whitehaven beach for your choice of 5/10/21.1km plus kids options too. We will pack some drinks and snacks and chill out swimming off the often voted world’s best beach. Not bad as winter starts to grip back in Sydney.
Camp Cost $600pp includes:
- accommodation in a 3bed apartment for 3 couples or 2 couples and 2 singles
- or accom in a 2 bed apartment for 2 couples or 1 couple and 2 singles
- or a family of 4-5 in a 2 bed apartment
- Rejoov Runners camp training fee which covers all sessions, talks and coaching advice, materials and programs plus the social stuff we are well known for.
- Airport transfers to and from for the main direct Jetstar flight in and out
- All breakfasts
- Daytime snacks and fluids to keep you hydrated.
8-16yo camp cost $425. Free under 8s.
Book your spot with a $250pp deposit.
Looking forward to another memorable Rejoov getaway.
Rejoov Whitehaven Beach / Hamilton Island getaway
We are open for bookings, please join us for our Red Centre Running Camp over Easter 2018 along the World Heritage Listed Larapinta Trail for anyone who wants to challenge themselves AND experience one of Australia's most spectacular & famous trails. Larapinta Trail is voted one of the top 20 trails by National Geographic.
There will be short & long options for 4 days (see itinerary below) and you will refresh back at the accommodation each night and swim in beautiful waterholes along the way etc. You do not have to run the whole trail as we will have shorter options to match fitness levels & we all drive in and out to access the trail each day. This will provide a fantastic taste of much of the trail. We start at one end of the Larapinta Trail, the Telegraph Station and culminate in the Mt Sonder end of Larapinta Trail.
We will co-ordinate with everyone coming, to work this all out in advance so don't feel this trip is for the hard core only. But a good level of running fitness is required so you are confident of completing these sections within the allocated timeframe.
A long run/walk training plan will be provided to you once we receive your deposit so you can get all prepared in the coming months.
We will have a coach available at the various trail access points plus Greta’s dad in his 4WD on standby should the bus not be able to access the trailhead at the end of a particular section.
WHEN: Thur 29th March – Tues 3rd April 2018
WHERE: Telegraph Station in Alice Springs to Mt. Sonder (West MacDonnell Ranges). The trail is 223km in its entirety.
BOOKINGS: Are now open (min age 13yrs) – contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to sign up.
COST: $1450.00 (a non refundable deposit of $300 is due by 15th January which will be taken off the total cost).
NB: We are definitely going ahead with this camp, please go ahead and make your deposits with us and book your own flights.
SAFETY FIRST: This is Rejoov Runners first serious trail camp. As such, our number one goal is to get you all around without incident or accident. Safe movement at all times is of the upmost importance as is looking after your mates around you. We will have the right supplies on board the coach, plus sat phones and trackers but it is up to you to ensure you are aware of your surroundings and can cover the terrain accordingly. You will be required to sign a waiver in advance acknowledging that you are fit and able to participate and that you understand that you are undertaking this of your own free will. Having said all that, the trail although a little rough in parts, is quite runnable and most definitely walkable.
- All accommodation: twin share in Alice Springs Mercure Chifley Hotel (3nights) and quad share bunkhouse style in the outback at Glen Helen Lodge (2nights)
- All food: Breakfast / lunch / dinner / snacks / water etc / (alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks at own expense)
- Coach transport to ferry us all around in air conditioned coach comfort.
- Entry permits where applicable: such as Standley Chasm.
- Entry into the Alice Springs Desert Park on Thursday afternoon
- First aid equipment (and a superintendent from St. Johns Aust on hand aka Greta’s Dad)
- Rejoov Runners service fee which includes full organisation for absolutely everything plus on site support throughout. Jaden will also be our little helper.
- Flights – use FF points if you can. It’s just Qantas that flies there.
- Mandatory gear: Hydration packs for water, drink bottle/soft flask for sport drinks i.e. tailwind, energy gels & fuels, strapping tape/bandage, whistle, mobile phone, hat and small carry sunscreen. Full trail checklist further below.
- All drinks outside that which is provided during the day and may be included with the pre purchased meals.
- You will have no more than 6hrs each day to cover your chosen trail section. Careful planning will ensure you do not over commit with this.
- Below is the Itinerary and trail section outline. Some trail section starting and ending points are actually 1-4kms away from accessible driving points (ie beyond the national park gates). Others may not be accessible in full by our coach and will require 4WD access only which we will have one of. As we progress with the planning, we will create a few different groups who will agree in advance to cover certain sections each day and will stay within whistle distance of one another at all times. There will be opportunities to swim in very refreshing water holes along the way (Ellery Gorge, Ormiston Gorge, Glen Helen Gorge, Red Bank Gorge)
- Lunch will be on the road / at the completion of your daily run.
- Breakfast and dinner will be at the accommodation.
Thursday 29th Mar:
- fly into ALICE SPRINGS
- Afternoon Desert Park visit
- Overnight at the Mercure Chifley Hotel Alice Springs.
- Swim, welcome drinks, Day 1 trail briefing and dinner at Mercure Hotel or Telegraph Station
Friday 30th Mar Day 1 Trail:
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Breakfast at the hotel
- LONG/SHORT OPTION bus transfer to Larapinta trail leg starting from the Telegraph Station / OR Stuart Hwy, finishing at Simpson’s Gap 24km/19km - more runnable section (Section 1 to 2 east to west trail heads) then TRANSFER all to Standley Chasm for lunch
- Lunch & refreshments at Standley Chasm (Kiosk & striking walk)
- Overnight at the Mercure Chifley Hotel Alice Springs.
- Swim in hotel pool, drinks, dinner and Day 2 briefing.
Saturday 31st Mar Day 2 trail:
- Breakfast at the hotel
- SHORT OPTION bus transfer to Larapinta trail leg starting at Serpentine Gorge finishing at Ellery Creek Big Hole 14k (Section 8-7 west to east trail heads).
LONG OPTION an extra return leg heading further East to the Saddle & return 8km. Total 22km
- Lunch & swim at Ellery Creek Big Hole
- Transfer and overnight at Glen Helen Lodge (bunkhouse quad share style)
- Drinks, dinner and Day 3 briefing
Sunday 1st April Day 3 trail (Easter Sunday):
- Sunrise Easter egg hunt / breakfast at the lodge
- SHORT OPTION run 3.5k from Glen Helen Lodge to Larapinta trail then 9.4k leg to Ormiston Gorge a more runnable (Section 11-10 west to east trail heads). LONG OPTION go further East past Ormiston Gorge & back. Additional option very rocky mostly walkable Ormiston Pound/Ghost Gum walk
- Ormiston Gorge for swim and Lunch
- Transfer to Glen Helen Lodge (another great spot for a swim)
- Drinks, dinner and Day 4 briefing
Monday 2nd April Day 4 trail:
- Breakfast at the lodge
- LONG OPTIONS: Run from Glen Helen Lodge 3.5k to Larapinta trail leg starting from Finke River finishing at Red Bank Gorge 26k (Section 11-12 trail heads) plus optional section 12 starting from Redbank Gorge going up to Mt Sonder & return = 15.8K (Steep elevation to the top of NT’s 4th highest mountain at 1380m) TOTAL 45.3k like doing 6 Foot Track in difficulty!
- SHORT OPTION: Transfer to Larapinta trail leg starting from Redbank Gorge going up to Mt Sonder & return = 15.8K (Section 12 Steep elevation to the top of NT’s 4th highest mountain over 1000m of elevation, difficult grade, less running & more walking). Mt Sonder marks one end of the celebrated Larapinta trail
- Swim and Lunch at Redbank Gorge
- Transfer (and sleep) back to Alice Springs
- Overnight, pool after party and dinner at the Mecure Chifley Hotel.
Tuesday 3rd April:
- Sunrise walk & climb Mt Gillen (a short 15min drive from the hotel to Flynn's Grave adjacent to the Alice Springs Desert Park, from where you're start your walk & hill/ridge climb will take about 1.5 - 2hrs return then transfer back to hotel for breakfast...
OR a well earnt sleep in / breakfast at your leisure
- Time to take in Alice Springs CBD / souvenirs etc.
- Fly out
NB: The above planned segments are subject to change due to accessibility or weather issues. We will do everything possible to work around any unforeseen circumstances.
NEXT STEPS: Get in now or you might miss out on this amazing experience. Email Chris & Greta with your booking, send through your deposit and you're in.
Looking forward to hosting you next Easter.
Chris & Greta - firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
We will travel in a comfortable, air-conditioned coach with certified driver/tour guide plus the expert commentary from Glen Auricht (Greta's Dad) and of course coaching advice from Chris & Greta throughout. Glen has worked with the indigenous communities and has lived in Hermannsburg, Tjuwanpa and Alice Springs for over 40 years & will share his in depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, geology & local indigenous languages.
CHECKLIST for the trails:
- light, cool, light coloured running clothing
- normal running shoes that you're well used to & have trained in
- good socks
- breathable hat/cap, sunglasses
- hydration pack 2L
- bottle or soft flask for tailwind
- bandaids & tape for blisters
- compression bandage for ankle sprains (god forbid)
- suncream & lip balm
- carbs/fuel enough for 1gram carbs / kg body weight per hour ie: energy gels, clif bloks, hammer bars, medjool dates, vegemite sandwich.. etc
- map will be provided & plastic snap bag
- mobile phone (telstra best coverage)
- SAT 2 way phone available for hire
- body glide or vaseline
- throat lozenges as the throat can get quite dry & sore in the dryer air i.e. strepsils, difflam, butter menthols etc
- water purification tablets
- travel insurance in case you need helicopter rescue - or enquire with your ambulance membership or with your personal accident insurance.
A light weight hydration pack 2L is plenty: https://paceathletic.com/collec…/accessories-hydration-packs
Nutrition & Tailwind: https://paceathletic.com/collections/nutrition
At Pace Athletic, 5 stores in Sydney remember to say you’re a Rejoov Runner for 10% off when you go in.
Every Running Camp is unique with all it's own set of fresh experiences. Here's some of the feedback we received from our 2017 camp goers:
"Thank you so incredibly much for such an extraordinary, active, fun-filled yet relaxing weekend" Pia Gilmour
"Amazing trip! We loved it. Thank you for sharing the Red Centre with us." Vanessa & Lewis
"Best Easter in a long time - thank you for letting us be guests of Rejoov." Andy & Pip
"Thank you for the most amazing trip of a lifetime. I have loved every minute of it. I feel truly blessed to have experienced it" Lisa Mintz
Our next Rejoov running retreat is happening from Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd July at the award winning Fairmont Resort in the Blue Mountains.
This weekend is set up for a fantastic combination of relaxation, cuisine and of course some great running, strength and cross training. This hotel is 4.5 stars. It boasts an indoor heated lap pool, gym, kids play centre (Jaden tested and approved) plus sensational views from the restaurant and lounge bar as we warm ourselves by the fire and toast with a glass of hot gluwein or your favourite drop.
There will be morning runs but not too early because let’s face it, it will be damn cold first thing but the tracks and trails will more than make up for this. Leura village and Katoomba surrounds offer remarkable spots to explore as you probably know OR bring your favourite book or TV series and just chill out.
ACCOMMODATION: Superior King rooms (we have been upgraded already at no charge) with either a King Bed or 2 queens (for those coming who will need to share). Cots and rollaway beds have also been thrown in for free for kids under 5. (If we plan it right, we could book more of the 2 x queen rooms and the bigger kids can sleep in those).
KIDS: Ok so what to do here. As advised, our retreat is kid friendly. For those families where both parents run and the kids are too young to leave, we can discuss options for babysitters etc as we progress.
FOOD: There is an optional buffet both nights. Please see below for the expected costs for the weekend including additions such as this.
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT: Check-in anytime from 3pm Friday 21st July & retreat finishes Sunday afternoon after lunch.
DEPOSIT: A 50% deposit or $375 per room will secure your spot. Full payment will then be required by June 30th.
COSTS: This is what you get:
- 2 nights in a superior king room for 2 people sharing (either as a couple of 2 x singles)
- Full buffet breakfast for Saturday and Sunday mornings
- Access to all the hotel facilities – gym, pool, kids club, bar (well that goes without saying). Even the carpark is included.
- Rejoov Runners service fee: Includes all organisational aspects, daily coaching & advice, running trail guidance, strength, core & stretch session, beginner to intermediate swim session, team trivia, giveaways, plus anything else we will think of to add as much fun and value to your weekend away.
- Total per couple OR 2 x singles = $750.00
- Friday night buffet: $49 pp (kids can sit in and order a light meal)
- Saturday night yulefest / vegetarian buffet $79 pp (kids as per above)
- Drinks etc.
Next steps: (We are fully booked)
- Book with us ASAP and send your $375 to the following account:
- Chris & Greta Truscott
- BSB: 732 326
- ACC: 515 753
Updated Itinerary (subject to minor changes):
Friday 21st July:
3pm Check-in to the Fairmont Hotel
3.30pm Run or walk & stretch
5pm Drinks in the lounge
6pm Dinner at Embers restaurant (a la carte & kids menu) *we have been allocated seating for 20 people including kids so dinner will be on a revolving basis as you arrive throughout the evening. Alternatively the Golf Club bistro has a great menu and is located out the front door
Saturday 22nd July:
7am - check kids in with babysitters meeting in the foyer. Parents, kids don't get access to the buffet but you can order anything off the menu for them to bring and eat. Or bring some snacks from home to keep them fed for the morning.
7.15am - runners & cyclists meet at hotel entry area (coffee available for purchase)
Runners - W/up jog, technique drills, 1km loop with long hill surge up to 8 loops c2s session. Short hill sprints. c/d jog & stretch
Cyclists - head out with coach Stuart Cassie for Blue Mountains Scenic Loop
7am-10am buffet brekkie at leisure at the hotel in Jamison's restaurant (included for adults). Kids can order off the menu if they tag along with you.
11:30am Lap swimming session
12pm-3pm Lunch / free time
2.45pm Check kids in with baby sitter
3pm Core strength & stretch session
3.45pm Optional 2nd small 30mins jog or walk from hotel
5pm kids dinner at Embers restaurant with baby sitters
5pm drinks & nutrition talk with Charlene Cassie
6pm Yulefest / vegetarian buffet dinner in Jamison's restaurant
7:30pm Trivia comp in the library adjacent to foyer
Sunday 23rd July:
6.45am check kids into babysitters with food
7am drive to Narrowneck
7.15am long run up to 90mins
7am-10am buffet brekkie at leisure at the hotel in Jamison's restaurant (included for adults). Kids can order off the menu if they tag along with you.
10am stretch / lap swim
10.30am kids session
11am check out
Free to do whatever you like from there - i.e. lunch, coffee or more sight seeing :-)
We can’t wait to host you all up in the spectacular Blue Mountains.
Chris and Greta Truscott
Contact us anytime: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0419 021 694
We are fully booked for this camp, however please let us know if you'd like to be added to our waiting list.
Our next Red Centre Running Camp takes place over Easter 2017 and will once again showcase the spectacular and breath taking scenery and diversity of Central Australia.
Please contact us if you are interested. All levels welcome and you don't have to be a Rejoover to come along.
This trip is for everyone. Both runners & partners will truly enjoy the best of our Red Centre as we take you on an amazing tour filled with fun, fitness, rest and Aussie icons. Don't forget the camera.
Run the Larapinta trail (don't worry not all of it), tour Alice Springs, enjoy an outdoor buffet meal as we look up and learn about our Galaxy. Then visit Australia's top Red Centre natural attractions such as Kings Canyon, Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Kata Tjuta (The Olgas).
With regular off road stops at spots you wouldn't otherwise see, you will learn and be amazed from the in depth local knowledge of the flora, fauna, geology and languages from our very own experienced tour guide - Glen Auricht (Greta's Dad), who has worked with the indigenous communities and has lived in Hermannsburg, Tjuwanpa and Alice Springs for 40 years. In a nutshell, you will have your own expert with a fun NT sense of humour.
We will travel in a comfortable, air-conditioned coach with certified driver plus the expert commentary from Glen and of course coaching advice from Chris & Greta throughout. We will stay in hotels, cabins and apartments and most importantly, we will ensure you are well trained, well fed and well rested along the way.
Your itinerary will include but not limited to the following:
- Fly in to Alice Springs Thur 13th April / overnight in a 4 star hotel
- Tour around Alice Springs including Anzac Hill sunset
- Earth sanctuary buffet dinner and star gazing show
- Road trip from Alice Springs to Kings Canyon with stop offs
- Kings canyon rim walk and swim in the Garden of Eden
- Overnight at Kings Creek Station where you can see close hand how an outback property operates. Hire a quad bike, book a helicopter trip over the canyon or ride a camel (intro camel ride included).
- Road trip to Uluru for 2 nights at the Ayres Rock resort apartments
- Sunrise, long run and breakfast at the Rock (climbing time available also)
- Free time to relax or explore Yulara township
- Tour of The Olgas
- All breakfasts, most lunches, a few dinners, drinks and snacks for the road trip also included
- Fly out of Uluru Easter Monday 17th April.
Rejoov will organise everything once you're on the ground. All you need to do is book your flights and show up. We will guide the whole process.
The one off package cost covers everything listed above and more (ie National Park entry fees).
Dates: Thursday 13th April through to Monday 17th April (4 nights)
Flights: Qantas fly direct to Alice Springs with both Qantas and Virgin flying direct out of Uluru. Unfortunately Tiger no longer fly so you may want to use FF points and grab your seat early.
Book your spot with a Deposit: $200 (this will come off your fees). Total price per person is $1195 and this trip of a lifetime will capped at 25 attendees so get in quick to reserve your spot. You won't find better value anywhere.
Our goal is to show off the best of the Red Centre at a time of year very conducive for training so send us an email or call asap for more specific information or to register your interest. All levels welcome.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Chris & Greta Truscott - email@example.com / 0419 021 694
We are taking bookings for our Summer running camp - all levels and everyone welcome. You don't have to be a rejoov runner to come on our camps. Our next runners' getaway will take place over the weekend of November 25-28 when the weather will undoubtedly be warmer than right now so get excited as this one will be very affordable, family friendly and fun.
We're hosting this running weekend at Long Jetty / The Entrance which is a lovely little central coast township 30mins past Gosford between Tuggerah Lake and the ocean.
The venue is Lakeview Tourist park. We have booked 5 x 2 bedroom spa cabins and 5 x 1 bedroom cabins with an option to book more of these. The 2 bedders have a double in one room and a set of bunks in the other. The 1 bedders have a double bed at one end of the cabin and a set of bunks at the other end. So both are set up to accommodate 4 people with the 2 bedders offering more space and luxury (as much as a cabin will afford anyhow). Check them out at www.lakeviewtouristpark.com.au
Your training weekend will involve group runs around the town, the local flat 5km Park Run Sat morning, a beach running session, core strength and stretching, long run in the nearby Wyrrabalong national park OR the Central Coast half marathon / 10k www.centralcoasthalfmarathon.com , swimming sessions, nutritional information, running technique and also training tips provided by Chris & Greta throughout the weekend. It will also allow for plenty of rest and relaxation and some great food and socialising throughout.
Costs are as follows:
- 2 bedroom spa cabin for a couple / group or a family of 3/4/5: $775 for 3 nights
- 1 bedroom cabin exclusive for a couple or a family of 3/4: $550 for 3 nights
- 1 bedroom cabin exclusive for a couple or a family of 3/4: $400 for 2 nights
- singles in a 1 bedroom cabin - based on min 3pp: $225 for 3 nights / $175 for 2 nights. 4th person (if a couple in the double) no additional charge.
Costs include accom & breakfast, all training sessions and expert advice plus snacks throughout the weekend.
Lunch and dinner (and drinks) at own expense either self cooked or at a local cafe / restaurant.
This is a great opportunity to kick start the summer training campaign in readiness for those early 2017 events.
First in with a $100 deposit will secure the very limited 5 two bedroom spa cabins so lock it away and have it to look forward to before the silly season hits in December.
Here's some more info about things to do at The Entrance: http://www.theentrance.org.au such as markets on Sat & Sun mornings etc.
Happy training guys, please let us know your interest.
Chris & Greta
The Entrance Itinerary – 25th to 28th November 2016
“Fun & friendly – all levels – all ages” “Be your best” “Train smart & with quality” “Social connection”
Friday 25th Nov:
Check in anytime from 2pm
4pm: The Entrance town run loop 8km w Chris or swim with Greta
5:30pm: Drinks / snacks
6:30pm: Pasta / rice dinner (supplied)
7am: The Entrance park run 5km, remember your bar codes (warm up jog 6:40am)
7.45am: 30km cycle
8.30am: Breakfast (supplied) head to Chris & Greta’s cabin with your plates & cutlery
11am: Swim session (Ocean pool) / beach fun
12pm: Lunch (DIY), free time
3.30pm: Pelican feeding - town waterfront
4pm: Nutrition session with Charlene then Core strength & stretch - town waterfront / casual swim / beach sprints for those keen, which will also be a great session for the kids
5:30pm: Drinks / snacks picnic – town waterfront
6.30pm Dinner (DIY) – Town cafes / picnic
7am: Central Coast half marathon / 10km / easy short-long run
9am: Breakfast (supplied) head to Chris & Greta’s cabin with your plates & cutlery
11am: Training & nutrition chat in the playground nearby. 2017 goals etc
12:30pm: Beach / ocean pool / lunch (DIY)
3.30pm: Pelican feeding - town waterfront
5pm: Beer (or apple cider) mile
6pm: BBQ dinner (provided) & games i.e. Celebrity Heads
6am: Cycle up to 50km (2 different loops)
7:30am: 45min jog from the cabins
8:30am: Breakfast (supplied) head to Chris & Greta’s cabin with your plates & cutlery
Check out 10am – beach / ocean pool swim / home
Thanks everyone, we all had an amazing time with 20 adults and 13 kids.
Chris & Greta visited the incredible Thanyapura Sports Resort and were blown away! The tag ‘’Disneyland for athletes’’ really does apply for everyone of all levels and all ages wanting to improve their mind, body & soul in their sport. We are very excited to host a running camp here between Saturday 28th May to Monday 6th June 2016 with specialist guidance of the resort's directors. You can heighten your fitness and enjoy all the delights the resort & magical Phuket have to offer.
Previous Red Centre Running Camp 2014 Itinerary
Photo album: media_set
Thursday 17th April 2014:
- 10:30am Arrive Alice Springs (tiger flight). Chris to drop bags at Hotel lock up
- 11:30am Pool session (town pool) with Greta
- 12:30pm Check-in hotel, lunch on site (at own expense)
- 1:30pm Relax at hotel, free time to walk around area, shops, walk up Anzac Hill look out over Alice
- 4:30pm Run/walk warm up 4k to Telegraph Station. Optional run speed session at Telegraph Station
- 5:30pm BBQ welcome dinner at the Telegraph Station (included) green salad, rice salad, meat, veggie patties, potatoes, mushrooms, onions
- 7:30pm Return to hotel
Friday 18th April:
- 6:00am Light breakfast / coffee at Hotel
- 6:30am Check-out
- 6:45am Depart hotel for Standley Chasm
- 7:30am Arrive Standley Chasm (scenic walk & coffee)
- 8:15am Depart Standley Chasm
- 9:30am Arrive Ormison Gorge (West MacDonnell Ranges - Ghost Gum walk, swim & morning tea (included - hot cross buns & condiments, fresh fruit, muesli bars, juice, water)
- 10:45am Depart for Kings Canyon (Watarrka)
- 12.45pm Lunch (included - whole grain salad sandwiches / rice thins)
- 2:30pm Arrive Kings Canyon. Check-in to lodge & relax
- 4:00pm Optional 8k run from Lodge to Kings Canyon for the rim walk
- 4:30 Bus, for those not running, to Kings Canyon for the rim walk
- 4:45pm Kings Canyon rim walk 6k (hilly) / swim in fresh waterhole along the way
- 7:30pm Dinner (included)
Saturday 19th April:
- 6:30am Run session at Kings Canyon i.e. intervals, hills, fartlek
- 8:00am Breakfast (included - cereals, yogurt, whole grain toast, condiments, fruit, coffee, tea, juice, eggs, mushies) & check-out
- 9:00am Depart for Ayers Rock (Uluru)
- 10:30am Toilet pit stop
- 12:00pm Arrive Yulara for lunch (own exp) & check-in hotel
- 12:00pm - 3:00pm Relax, swim etc
- 3:00pm - 6:00pm Visit the Olgas (Kata Tjuta). Optional 2nd run
- 7:00pm Dinner (TBA)
Sunday 20th April:
- 5:30-6am Depart for Uluru to watch sunrise
- 7:00am Long run including lap or two of the rock 9/18km+
- 8:30am Breakfast on site (included)
- 9:30am - 12pm Explore Uluru, visitors centre, climb the rock etc
- 12:30pm Lunch back at Uluru township, Yulara (own exp)
- 1:00pm - 5:00pm Free time i.e. relax, swim, sight see
- 5:00pm Core strength & stretch session
- 6:00pm - 10:00pm Sounds of Silence Dinner (optional at own expense) or own dinner
Monday 21st April:
- 7:00am Easy jog around Yulara
- 7:30am Breakfast & check-out
- 9:00am Depart for Alice Springs
- 11:30am Early Lunch at Erldunda (at own expense)
-12:30pm Optional visit Rainbow Valley
- 2:00pm Arrive Alice Springs, check-in to hotel - relax, swim etc
- 4:00pm Swim session at town pool, drop off cars
- 6:00pm Farewell dinner (TBA)
Tuesday 22nd April:
- 6:30am Run from Hotel around Alice Springs
- 7:30am Breakfast at hotel
- 8:30am Check-out, transfer to airport
- 10:45am Flight back to Sydney
Red Centre Running Camp - Cost
We have created an itinerary that truly offers you everything the Red Centre has to offer and more. You will not return home left wondering. We have also carefully tailored your running & swimming sessions around the travel and sightseeing.
We want you to experience all this with as few additional costs as possible once you arrive. Our package price of $1350 includes all of the following:
* 4 star Hotel accommodation Alice Springs April 17th & 21st in twin or double share rooms
* Share lodge / cabin style accommodation Kings Canyon April 18th
* Self contained apartment accommodation Ayers Rock April 19th & 20th
* 4WD transport throughout including fuel & CB radios (infant seat additional cost)
* National park entry - Ayers Rock and Standley Chasm
* Welcome BBQ dinner at the Alice Springs old Telegraph Station
* Restaurant dinner at Kings Canyon (drinks additional cost)
* Dinner on Sat 19th at Ayers Rock (Sun 20th dinner at own expense)
* Farewell dinner Mon April 21st
* Breakfast provisions for Sat/Sun/Mon mornings
* Some lunches where indicated plus snacks and drinks throughout the day
* Pool access for the swim session Thurs April 17th
* Expert commentary on the Red Centre and local knowledge which the main tour companies don't offer
* All running, swimming, core stability and stretching sessions provided by Greta & Chris
The fine print:
* We have not included airfares as these regularly change and as such will be dependent on when you decide to book. Please note: Tiger only have flights to Alice Springs on Thurs 17th and back Tues 22nd. They currently have plenty of seats available but this will change. Current price as of Dec 31st - $114.95 each way plus the usual Tiger add ons. Qantas also fly there but are more expensive. SO PLEASE BOOK NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.
* We have tried to envisage every possible basic cost / inclusion. Additional costs include your alcoholic drinks with meals, additional snacks as desired, Sunday 20th dinner (we suggest Sounds of Silence outdoor dinner), souvenirs.
* There are alternative accommodation options available for Kings Canyon and Ayers Rock, with both locations offering a range of higher quality rooms. These can be quite expensive but should you wish to upgrade, please let us know.
* A deposit of $350 is required to secure your camp spot.
* Children under 5yrs will incur a fee of $395pp. This basically covers the cost of the 4WD seat and fuel plus the park entry. It also covers all the food as per the above with the exception of the included dinner at Kings Canyon April 18th.
* Please check our website regularly for updates or changes.
Port Stephens NSW Training Weekends November 2011, 2012 & 2013
On the idyllic NSW coast at Port Stephens just 2.5hrs drive north of Sydney.
Train hard and have a fun summer long w/e away with friends. Pristine ocean to swim in, awesome running trails, great cycling routes and endless beauty to explore.
On all 3 of our Port Stephens' camps to date we had a marvellous time. Some highlights included:
- lovely jog in the rain Friday evening around Nelson Bay / boxing & exercise session, followed by a delicious pasta / rice / bolognese / salad dinner & a fun round of celebrity heads
- Sat before brekkie - indoor cycling windtrainer / boxing / exercises / the run speed session (series of 2k & 1k reps) was sensational in the rain on the rolling dirt track in Tomaree NP that started to turn to mud - very invigorating
- Sat before lunch - water recovery / ocean swim / water running at Little Nelson Bay - a lot of fun & great recovery
- Sat mid avo - the sun came out magnificently for our soft sand beach run and sand dunes at Fingal Bay Spit. Everyone grunted and panted up the dunes surrounded by stunning ocean views, followed by a dip in the sparkling blue Fingal Bay. Some played soccer on the beach, others body surfed some waves or soaked their well deserved legs
- Sat BBQ dinner by our Beaches Apartment's pool, followed by our Rejoov trade mark Trivea night with lots of prizes
- Sun morning various activities - either long run / mountain bike / boxing session / wind trainer / water running depending on everyone's training or rehab needs
- Sun before lunch at Little Nelson Bay - core strength & stretch session on the grass followed by a water recovery session consisting of fun drills / activities plus ocean swim laps of the buoys / rehab water running
- Sunday avo R & R / sight seeing / mountain biking in Tomaree NP
- Sunday dinner in Shoal Bay
- Monday morning - cycle / mountain bike followed by a run & stretch / core exercises, brekkie and a final dip / water run / swim at Shoal Bay before checking out
Thank you and we'll keep you all posted about our next training weekend in Port Stephens or another coastal area.
Feedback - Port Stephens Training Weekend Nov 2011
Lorraine: "Thanks for a great weekend Greta & Chris. Great company and brilliant weekend. xx"
Asghar: "What an awsome weekend, Great Hosts, Great training, Great company, Great food, lots of fun. When is the next one? soon I hope!"
Kirstie: "Thanks a mill for a really fab weekend; a really great group of fit people! We still feel relaxed."
Michael: "Hey Greta, thanks for running such a great event, we had a great time. You & Chris are amazing..!"
Southern Highlands NSW Training Weekend April 2011
Our April 2011 running getaway was sensational. It was based at a beautiful venue, Little Forest Cottages in a small town called Alpine which is near Bowral in the Southern Highlands. It was set on 40 acres of established gardens and bush land.
Rejoov's running getaways are a fun way to escape the daily grind to beautiful locations in close vicinity of Sydney or further abroad. Challenge yourself to new & exciting training sessions and hang out with like-minded people who know how to enjoy themselves.
Come away feeling well trained, rejuvenated and inspired.
Feedback - Southern Highlands NSW Training Weekend April 2011
Nick: "Thanks to you and Chris for a fantastic weekend! We could not have asked for a better organized and run weekend away. Suse and I had a terrific time and learnt plenty (as well as getting fitter of course!). Yours and Chris' passion and excitement for running/fitness (and life) is a real inspiration".
Jill: "Thanks to both of you for a great weekend. I am always so impressed by how you manage to feed and look after and organise so many people with such little fuss.
It is just like the way you run, it looks effortless but probably isn't!!"
Stanwell Tops NSW Training Weekend Nov 2010
Rejoov's training weekend November 2010 proved to be a fantastic all round experience with sensational sunny weather for 20 runners:
- based at Wagon Wheels Homestead, Stanwell Tops, 45-60mins south of Sydney CBD and adjacent to the Royal National Park
- beautiful trails to train on, beaches & coffee shops within a few mins drive
- amazing country homestead with swimming pool.
Check out photos (copy & paste into your browser):
Feedback - Training Weekend at Wagon Wheels Retreat, Stanwell Tops Nov 2010:
"Thank you once again for organising a top weekend away. Had a great time, company, location, food and sessions where perfect. Look forward to the next one!"
"It was a fabulous weekend and you two were just great, you were really welcoming and kind and I think made everyone feel at ease. It was just lovely. Looking forward to the next one".
"Had such a great time, we loved the training and also loved hanging out and having some great R & R ! Your organisation / catering etc was fantastic - awesome job!"