Port Stephens NSW Training Weekends November 2011, 2012 & 2013
On the idyllic NSW coast at Port Stephens just 2.5hrs drive north of Sydney.
Train hard and have a fun summer long w/e away with friends. Pristine ocean to swim in, awesome running trails, great cycling routes and endless beauty to explore.
On all 3 of our Port Stephens' camps to date we had a marvellous time. Some highlights included:
- lovely jog in the rain Friday evening around Nelson Bay / boxing & exercise session, followed by a delicious pasta / rice / bolognese / salad dinner & a fun round of celebrity heads
- Sat before brekkie - indoor cycling windtrainer / boxing / exercises / the run speed session (series of 2k & 1k reps) was sensational in the rain on the rolling dirt track in Tomaree NP that started to turn to mud - very invigorating
- Sat before lunch - water recovery / ocean swim / water running at Little Nelson Bay - a lot of fun & great recovery
- Sat mid avo - the sun came out magnificently for our soft sand beach run and sand dunes at Fingal Bay Spit. Everyone grunted and panted up the dunes surrounded by stunning ocean views, followed by a dip in the sparkling blue Fingal Bay. Some played soccer on the beach, others body surfed some waves or soaked their well deserved legs
- Sat BBQ dinner by our Beaches Apartment's pool, followed by our Rejoov trade mark Trivea night with lots of prizes
- Sun morning various activities - either long run / mountain bike / boxing session / wind trainer / water running depending on everyone's training or rehab needs
- Sun before lunch at Little Nelson Bay - core strength & stretch session on the grass followed by a water recovery session consisting of fun drills / activities plus ocean swim laps of the buoys / rehab water running
- Sunday avo R & R / sight seeing / mountain biking in Tomaree NP
- Sunday dinner in Shoal Bay
- Monday morning - cycle / mountain bike followed by a run & stretch / core exercises, brekkie and a final dip / water run / swim at Shoal Bay before checking out
Thank you and we'll keep you all posted about our next training weekend in Port Stephens or another coastal area.
Feedback - Port Stephens Training Weekend Nov 2011
Lorraine: "Thanks for a great weekend Greta & Chris. Great company and brilliant weekend. xx"
Asghar: "What an awsome weekend, Great Hosts, Great training, Great company, Great food, lots of fun. When is the next one? soon I hope!"
Kirstie: "Thanks a mill for a really fab weekend; a really great group of fit people! We still feel relaxed."
Michael: "Hey Greta, thanks for running such a great event, we had a great time. You & Chris are amazing..!"