Are you looking for a healthy treat for weekend breakfasts? Why not try this Banana and Blueberry loaf recipe.
This is a great loaf to cook and have for breakfast this is filled with protein. Delicious served with ricotta and honey. This also freezes well too!
Makes approximately 12 pieces
- 2tbs coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour (spelt, wholemeal or plain)
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2-3 over ripe mashed banana
- 1/2 cup sugar or maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut
- crushed walnuts or macadamias or pecans
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees on bake 160 degrees fan forced.
- Whisk egg and combine with the oil and milk.
- Mix flour to wet mixture then mash the banana and add to this.
- Add the sugar, maple and honey.
- Then add the chia seeds, coconut, crushed nuts and fold in the berries carefully.
- Bake for around 45 minutes depending on your oven.