We have started a Recipe Club in Coogee where we get together and share recipes and best of all we get to eat them all as we chat. Kind of like Book Club, but yummier! Here's one of the deliciously healthy recipes we were able to relish the plot about.
Corn bread by our runner Jacqui Fox - this is the yummiest corn bread you could ever have and is moist and moreish!
Our Run With Us Online, nutritionist Charlene Cassie says this is great for a post run recovery boost. That you could also have it with poached egg or salmon and grilled truss tomatoes to make it a whole meal.
Also that you can use gluten free flour like coconut flour or other if you want gluten free, wheat free flour.
Slice fresh corn off 2 cobs
3/4 cup polenta
1/2 cup flour
1 tbps baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp paprika
3/4 cup diced green capsicum
1 cup crumbled goat’s cheese
5 thinly sliced spring onions
1 bunch chopped coriander
2/3 cup olive oil
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
3 eggs lightly beaten
Salt and pepper
1) Combine dry ingredients in bowl. Add capsicum etc.
2) Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3) In separate bowl mix egg etc then stir into dry ingredients. Mix well.
4) Pour into greased and lined 20x 30 cm baking tin. Sprinkle cheese and chilli flakes on top.
5) Bake for 35 mins in 180* oven or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
6) Slice and serve with roasted cherry tomatoes and sprigs of coriander.