Fantastic start to our Whitsunday Rejoov running camp with fabulous runs along the coast and hitting the hills and trails.
Staying at the majestic Mantra Boathouse apartments right on the water. Plenty of restaurants to choose from with hot breakfasts cooked up in house by Chris and Greta.
Beautiful sunshine for swimming in the pool & beach and for a swim run session in Airlie beach lagoon. Awesome core strength session by Juny using special techniques and our body weight.
Hitting up the Airlie beach park run by the water on a tricky course with 4 park run newbies, a Pb by Andrew and a course record by Chris 16.34.
Congrats to the winning trivia team Neil, Anne-Maree and Monty 👏🏻 in our signature camp trivia comp with 5 rounds of 8 challenging questions. Thanks @runnersshoprandwick for the gift vouchers. A fun, relaxing night before tomorrow’s Whitehaven beach run event. #rejoovrunnerscamp #whitsundays #trivianight #triviafun
The pinnacle of our Whitsunday rejoov camp was the @whitehavenbeachrun with gorgeous sunshine, luxurious white sand and crystal clear water. The stage was breathtaking for the half, 10k, 5k and kids running events. Chris and Greta won the half, Jaden the 500m, Juny 2nd in the 10k, @emmastarritt @missnadine_xoxo @jdarulova podiums age groups in the half / 10k.
Results & highlights:
- CT 77mins win and course record by 7mins, backing up after a hard 5k the day before
- G 92mins win and feeling strong, glad to hold up in heat, delighted for the whole experience
- Neil the high fives, nearly taking coaches arm off 💪🏻
- Emma 3rd 40-49 AG happy with time, loved the scenery
- Nadine 3rd in 30-39 AG, the race vibe, high fives, running collaterally past each other on the 5k+ beach
- Juny 2nd female overall 45.46 jumping in the water post race
- Jana 2nd AG, loved the clear blue water and swimming post run
- Sarah loved running as a team & the swim afterwards
- Mitch getting son Monty to do the 10k and seeing the Truscott’s get the hat trick
- Monty finishing and understands why everyone loves this sport and it’s great to see everyone’s compassion
- Amo happy to run, longest in 6months cheering everyone, bum slap from Chris
- Isabelle getting to the 8k mark and feeling great
- Janine enjoying the whole experience
- Suzi finishing, not able to run away so have to be present, being uncomfortable
- Michaela soaking up the view and champagne post run
- Saorla the swim afterwards and the trip together with the girls
- Jaden winning his first race, going out fast and leaving mum and dad in the dust after their half