About Chris & Greta
Coach & athlete
Chris will help you progress through any of our online running programs even conquering the advanced & elite levels should you wish to sign up for these. As you make your way through, you may have questions and feedback that Chris will respond to. His ability to work in with your lifestyle, work and family commitments and location means that you can stay on course to complete your goal event whilst allowing for some flexibility from week to week where required.
Chris is a highly experienced running coach for all levels for our online running programs and running groups (Athletics NSW Level 2 Coach). He has a successful and broad history in running, which began at the tender age of 6yrs old with his first trophy coming in the under 7's Hornsby Cross Country carnival. Throughout his school life, Chris competed in many State championship events but kept a good balance with many other sporting and academic pursuits.
It wasn't until university that Chris decided to become a little more serious, increase his weekly training schedule and pursue some longer events.
Chris has a long affinity with many of Sydney's iconic running events. He first completed Sydney's City to Surf when he was just 9 years old, running through in 63mins. In 1987 at the age of 13, he ran 53mins and he has competed in every single City to Surf since with a PB of 45:41. Even now at the age of 40, Chris ran through the 2014 finish line in 46:30 coming in the top 30 places.
Chris's first marathon was in the 1993 Melbourne marathon. We're not sure why he was so keen to start running marathons at the age of 18, but he loved it and was happy to finish in a 3:13.26. He was also now hooked to this new grueling event.
Chris has gone on to compete in 22 marathons including Berlin, Chicago, Rotterdam, London, Tokyo and local ones - Sydney, Gold Coast, Melbourne & Canberra with a PB of 2:29:44 coming in 2001 in one of his four Berlin finishes. All his subsequent marathon times since debut have been under 3hrs.
Chris has managed to maintain his longevity with running via a balanced approach to life and to the sport. In 2007, he along with wife Greta, represented NSW at the National Cross Country titles in Perth before travelling to the lovely Margaret River wine region. Whilst the race didn't quite go that well, the post race holiday made up for it.
The real enjoyment for him lies in the social bonding that running creates and the thrill of the challenge in the many races & training sessions throughout each year. Chris sets challenging pursuits but couples these with a healthy dose of the social. This social aspect has led to many friendships and coaching relationships and he values the reward in seeing others achieve what they thought wasn't possible.
Even now at 40yrs old, he competes across a wide spectrum of events. Whether it's a 5000m track time trial, 10km road race, half marathon or marathon, or of late, a 100km trail or road race, Chris ensures he is as ready as he can be given the balance life requires. He recently traveled to Qatar to compete in the 100km World Champs coming a respectable 41st from 221 starters in Nov 2014. He came 8th in a world class ultra trail field in the Tarrawera 100km, NZ in Feb 2015.
Next up is the Buffalo Stampede Marathon in April followed by the North Face 100k in the Blue Mountains in May 2015.
Proudly sponsored by New Balance from May 2007-2016.
There seems to be no stopping his desire to challenge himself and others.
Chris writes a weekly entertaining blog about all things running and his own training and experiences here if you'd like to follow along: http://runnerct.blogspot.com.au
Coach, sports massage therapist & athlete
Greta is an extremely well equipped coach to assist runners of all levels with her background in coaching, athletics, triathlon, sports massage and occupational therapy. She understands the balance required across all ages and stages of life. She is our head online running program coach together with Chris and also leads the Rejoov Runners groups in the Eastern Suburbs, Sydney.
Greta has broad qualifications in health and fitness (including Athletics NSW Level 2) and has been strongly involved in competitive sport for 20 years. She sustains a holistic focus and utilises best practice methods in sports medicine on how to get the most out of your running performance. Methods such as sports massage, strength and stretch techniques, running training and programs and referral where appropriate.
Greta is a national level distance runner in the 10km distance on road and track and also specializes in soft sand & trail events. She has proven to be a Swim Run specialist in 2017 winning NZ's Brecca Wanaka Swim Run and Swim Run Australia. Proudly sponsored by New Balance 2007-2016.
Greta knows all too well the importance of good trainers / coaches / therapists. After serious knee and back injuries following horse riding falls - knee surgery at 17 y.o., and tremendous physio rehab & core stability work - Greta was able to commence competitive running in her twenties.
Some of Greta's pbs and event highlights include 36.46 Launceston 10k, 54.27 Sydney City to Surf, 82.59 Gold Coast half marathon, 3.04.20 marathon debut Berlin, winning the Bondi Barefoot 4k five times, winning the Equaliser 15k trail race and Great Nosh Footrace 15k. Some 2015 highlights include placing top ten in the North Face 50k ultra in the Blue Mountains May 2015, 2nd in an elite field at the Sky26er (32k) Oceania sky running champs at Mount Buffalo April 2015, 1st in the Sydney Trail Series 20k at Manly Dam, 2nd in the 6k Jock Athletic X-treme soft sand race at Wanda Beach and 1st in the Sharks 10k & Maroubra Fun Run 8k.
Greta is looking forward to many road, sand, trail, sky races and track events to share in the excitement with everyone.
Greta has been a running specialist & running program writer on the support crew for Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (12WBT), online nutrition, exercise and mindset program from 2012-15. She has helped thousands of people learn to run and achieve marathon & ultra distances.
Greta loves food and cooking and was a semi-finalist contestant with "Running Hot" team mate Dean Degan on the Channel 7 reality cooking show: Aussie BBQ Heroes Dec 2015:
Episode 1, heat 1:
Semi final episode:
D & G's brekkie burger recipe:
Let's go team, happy running & happy cooking.
Greta's PBs & some event highlights:
- 10k AA certified road distanceLaunceston Ten 36:46
- Sydney City to Surf 54:27 (best place out of 6 races - 23rd female)
- Gold Coast half marathon 1.22.59
- Berlin Marathon debut 3.04.20
- 2nd female outright Mothers Day Classic 4km Sydney 2013, previous years 3rd, 4th and 2nd
- 1st female outright St Peters 5k Park Run 18.46 2014; 1st Curl Curl 18.35 2015
- 10th female outright Melbourne half marathon October 2014
- 1st female outright Maroubra Fun Run 8k 2014 & 2015
- 5th female outright in 20.35 for 5.6k JP Morgan Corporate Challenge, Centennial Park 2014
- 1st female Sharks 10k 2015
- 2nd Phuket Marathon 10.5k (HOT conditions behind a Thai girl) 2016
- 1st City Mile Dash 2016 in 5.13
Trail / Ultras
- 4th Ultra Trail Australia Blue Mts Pace 22k 2017
- 4th Six Foot Track Blue Mountains debut 2016 (missed 3rd place by 20secs!!)
- Top ten The North Face 50k Blue Mountains May 2015
- 1st female in Equaliser annual Sydney Striders trail series 2013
- 1st female in The Great Nosh Footrace, 16k annual trail race 2014
- 1st & 3rd Sydney Trail Series, Manly Dam 20k 2015
- 2nd Galston Gut Buster half marathon March 2015
- 2nd Southern Highlands Challenge 19k 2015
- 2nd in the Oceania Sky Running Champs behind Emma Rilen – Buffalo Stampede Sky26er (32k) April 2015
- 1st mixed pairs team with Chris in the 3hr Australia Day Running Wild Knapsack Challenge Aus Day 2016
- 3000m 10.04
- 5000m 17.42
- 10000m 37.16 Zatopek, Melbourne
- 1st female Athletics NSW Community track 3000m 10.34 2015
- 1st female pairs in Swim Run Australia May 2017
- 1st female pairs in Brecca Wanaka Swim Run NZ March 2017
- 1st in Bondi Soft Sand Classic 4k - five times
- 2nd overall Bondi Splash n Dash 1k soft sand, 1k swim, 1k soft sand 2015
- 4th overall 3 points challenge North Curl Curl 2015
- NSW Sprint Triathlon Champs 2009 - 6th outright female 1:08:32
- ITU World Age Group Championships Olympic Distance Triathlon 2009: 2:17:02, 19th out of 84 internationals
- Australian Championships Olympic Distance Triathlon 2010: 2:15:22 - Aus bronze age group
- Australian Championships Long Course Triathlon in Huskissen 2010: 4:34:38 Aus bronze age group, 2k swim / 83k bike / 20k run - qualified for World Long Course Champs in Germany
- NSW Endurance Champs Ocean Swim Palm Beach 2010 - 2nd 30-34 age group
- 1st female outright Andrew Boy Charlton biathlon final March 2011 & 1st Dec 2015 last biathlon of the series ever!
- 1st female outright 3 Bays Challenge www.3bayschallenge.com.au 2014
- 2nd 26-34 age gp 10.47 Triple M Centrepoint Tower stair run up 2010
Read this interview for some interesting background on Greta & Rejoov: http://www.juliearentzpt.com.au/rejoovrunners/