Congrats Rejoov Runners team on the Club Challenge WIN at Manly @splashseries April 2018 across 4 events: soft sand mile, 2k Swim, 3k splash n dash & Duck Dash! Thanks everyone for supporting this special event. Matty Harris summed it up beautifully, @reidy__ putting your heart n sole into it. Quality emceeing @deandegan 👌🏼#rejoovrunners #teamwin 🏆 #softsand #running #ocean#swimming #beach #Manly #manlysplash #waysyouthservices #runwithsole @saltydingo @saorlafinucane @jessehanna1 📸 @ Manly Surf Club
Run With Us Blog
Get the latest news from the team at Run With Us Online on our blog.
A successful debut Rejoov running getaway on the Larapinta Trail Easter 2018.
Thanks Chantelle Farrelly for your incredible blog: http://www.runnerchantelle.com/?p=283
Over 60-90km completed by these Larapinta Legends for 4 days of rugged, spectacular trails in hot conditions. Chris, my Dad Glen Auricht & I enjoyed sharing the unforgettable experience with everyone. The group rose to the challenge and blew us away with their strength & determination every single day. Safety was paramount so we had sat phones, EPIRBS, walkie talkies, a permit from the National Park who had our exact itinerary, buddy systems, whistles, sweepers, plenty of food and hydration, top first aid equipment etc. The Reptile Centre taught us what is out there and how to apply snake bite compression bandage (not required phew). Thanks sponsors Tailwind hydration, Hoka one one & ICG.
Larapinta trail is 223km long, but 231k includes the return back down Mt Sonder (1380m). Section 1 opened in 1990 and all 12 sections completed by 2002. Larapinta means Finke River in Arrernte Aboriginal language. The terrain was very different along each section of the Larapinta trail.
We enjoyed swimming in 4 different big waterholes along the way (Ellery Big Hole, Ormiston Gorge, Red Bank Gorge & Glen Helen Gorge) especially after the runs! We stayed at Glen Helen “outback” resort for 2 nights set right on the hugest waterhole of all, so deep no one has ever claimed to touch the bottom!
See our large Facebook album for all the spectacular pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156764613548974&type=1&l=bf55e37456
Rejoov Runners and Taylors Wines are excited to announce our next training camp in the vibrant Clare Valley of South Australia.
If you like your running, and you like your wine, if you like great food, great company and an extremely well organised weekend of not thinking about anything, then this is for you - and your family.
Scheduled for the October long weekend which takes place this year from Friday September 28th to Monday October 1st, this is a camp for everyone. We welcome kids of all ages and will develop specific activities for the little tackers throughout the weekend.
Just down the road from our accommodation at the Clare Country Club, we will visit Taylor’s wine estate where we will train on their perimeter circuit before returning for a VIP exclusive wine tasting in our own wine room and conducted by Mitchell Taylor. Yep, we have the man himself on home soil showing us how Taylor’s managed to snag their little award recently - WORLD’S BEST WINERY 2017.
There will be plenty of options available throughout the weekend. Some have been included in the price and others are optional extras for you to decide on as we get closer to going. The accommodation also gives you options to share with other couples or include the family. We have secured a great discount on the nightly accommodation rate which is listed further below.
We will be releasing a more detailed itinerary in the coming months but for now, our weekend is looking like this:
Fri 28th Sep:
- arrive Friday afternoon by car, plane or both.
- Wetlands board walk / trail run loop up to 8km
- Happy hour drinks and dinner at the Clare Country Club
Sat 29th Sep:
- car pool to Taylor’s for their 10km perimeter fire trail loop incl speed component.
- Breakfast buffet at the country club
- Coach transfer to Taylor’s winery for our VIP wine tasting, tour, lunch on the lawn, kids activities and discounted wine sales.
- coach transfer to nearby winery for additional tasting
- coach transfer back for some R&R and optional afternoon run (that’ll be one to watch)
- core exercises and stretching with Greta
- Happy hour drinks and dinner - venue TBC / trivia comp
Sun 30th Sep:
- Out the door and onto the Riesling trail / bike path for our long run.
- optional cycle for those not running
- Breakfast at the country club
- core strength and stretching with Greta
- Coach transfer to a very nice local restaurant for lunch - Skillogallee.
- coach transfer to a nearby winery for a tasting
- R & R back at the country club
- Gourmet BBQ dinner and social tennis tournament
Mon 1st Oct:
- Morning run around the local trails / golf course
- stretching with Greta / nutrition discussion
- Breakfast at the country club
- checkout and bon voyage
To the costs: we usually try and package up the whole weekend with accommodation included but feel it might be best here to leave this to you to organise amongst yourselves. We have reserved 6 x 2 bed apartments (2 x king beds that split) and 6 x spa studios (king bed and sofa bed). We may need more but at this stage it’s on a first come first serve basis. Up to you how you want to share or occupy each of these. Please contact Greta and Chris for details once your decide to attend the camp.
- 2 bedroom apartments are $320per night for the whole apartment
- Spa studios are $225 per night
The training camp fee is $350per person over 16yrs. This includes:
- 3 x hot buffet breakfasts
- Coach transfers Sat for wine tasting and lunch
- Coach transfers Sun for wine tasting and lunch
- Taylor’s VIP wine tasting experience and winery tour
- Lunch on the lawn at Taylor’s on Sat
- All Rejoov organised sessions, talks and coaching
- BBQ dinner and tennis Sun night
- And of course those extra bits we tend to work out & throw in along the way
Kids under 16yrs are free but all their meals are to be on a paid basis at each venue. Kids menus available. No charge for the coach transfers. We will also source babysitters so that we can truly relax throughout the weekend. This cost to be shared by participating parents.
So now it’s over to you guys. Some of you have attended our camps previously and have returned many times. For others, it’s time to take the plunge and convince your other halves that this is truly one for runners and non runners alike.
Greta and Chris are available anytime to chat through logistics so please call or email us.
Greta - 0419 021 694 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris - 0432 622 363 / email@example.com
Hope to see you all in there.